How to plan a birthday party is the biggest every host encounter.
As a mom planning a birthday party every year is a challenge to me, every year must be unique and budget friendly.
For mothers and frustrated planners out there here are the things that you should keep in mind how to plan a birthday party.
VENUE – you should keep in mind that the venue is important to the celebrant and guests. Venue should be accessible for both parties. If planning to celebrate the birthday at home consider the number of guest your house can accommodate.
BUDGET – this include the amount for the celebration you allocated, in doing so you need the number of guests, food, party materials, give-aways, celebrant’s clothes / dress, venue payment and so on… anything that money is required.
CELEBRANT – of course the celebrant is the most import factor to consider on planning a birthday party. Who, What, Where, When and How are the question. Who he/she want to invite?, What do he/she want for his/her birthday?, Where do he/she want to celebrate ? When to celebrate? and How will he/she celebrate?
Now that you know the main things to consider let us now begin on how to plan a birthday party.
- Think of a party theme (depends on the celebrant’s latest favorite)
- Have a guest list – include friends, classmates, cousins, relatives, neighbors, from these list you can ask the celebrant who he/she want to invite. You can always revisit the list so you can review whom to include or even to exclude.
- Set date and time – you cannot set the party without the date and time….
- Look for a venue, since you already have the list of invitees you can now look for a venue that can accommodate your guests and your preferred date and time.
- Make a menu list, your menu will depend on your party theme . (if your theme is luau it much better to serve juices instead of soda, or fruits instead of popcorn)
- Prepare the invitation (can be based on the theme you have or just generic one), and send them to guests.
- Prepare a list of must have – cake, photo booth, tarp, sound system, tables and chairs, the OOTD, and so on
- Be on the venue early – so you can check if every thing in order.
- Prepare a program – this will maximize the time and there will be no dull moment at the party.
- Prepare games or bring an entertainer – based on the theme or even the most common children’s party games or let an entertainer lighten up the mood
- Look for an emcee – so you can focus on entertaining your guest and for the smooth flow of the program.
- Make a seat plan – you wouldn’t your guest to be bored because he/she don’t know who’s seating beside them.
- Have an assistant that will help the guests to find their way.
- Schedule a photo opp – see to it that there will be an opportunity for every guest to have a moment with the celebrant, a photo opp per table is the best.
- Prepare your thank you speech… You don’t want to forget to thank those people who helped you during the preparation.
TIP: If you want to skip the most of preparation stage and must be running out of time. You can go to a party needs service like Batang Batibot. Most party needs have ready prepared theme, programs and affiliated venues, catering and photographer that they can recommend.
Next time I will give you party theme ideas that I we had or I might use in the future.